Saturday, June 25, 2011

All Settled In

We are finally unpacked and each box has had the life flattened out of it and the contents of all the boxes are systematically spread throughout the house allowing it to look like home. Mia keeps walking around the house and blurting out "well, it looks like our home now, mom!" Unpacked the last two boxes today....Paul's clothes. Paul and I finished the last touches yesterday by hanging the shelves. This is actually the hardest part of making our house look like a 'home'. Hanging shelves is NO FUN! But somehow we managed to get them all hung in reasonable fashion and we are still married after such difficult matters! LOL!!! We have now hung and taken these shelves down 3x in one year. We are becoming pros!

As you can see, Lincoln is feeling very at home! I caught him stirring the spaghetti meat the other day. He said he wanted to help cook. Probably against my better judgement, I allowed him to continue. I kept reminding him about the hot metal and he seemed to do just fine. I love this helpful and inquisitive soul that dances around this home. Just hearing his gleeful sounds at 6:30 each morning makes everything feel okay. I hear Buzz Lightyear crash into Star Wars man and Mac is headed into a bedroom door at 60mph. Then I hear girls screaming "get out!" and the slam of a door following the frantic screams. I'm lying in bed wondering how long Lincoln will continue to torture his sisters over the years to follow. I'm thankful for these sounds today. It's the sound of life, home, and our family. I wasn't planning on getting up this early on Saturday morning but thankful still for the familiar sounds. Love hearing Lincoln shout across the house in his echoing dwarf-like voice "mommy...daddy.......time to get up!" Well, time to go fix breakfast!!

No comments: