Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our 1st Ever Family Missions Trip


Well we took the plunge and kept to one of our 2011 family goals.......we took the girls on a missions trip! We felt drawn to Guatemala to help a family, the Radfords, with their ministry in an orphanage. They are missionaries in Panajachel and have been there for about 10 months. An amazing couple that left ATL last year due to an act of obedience. It was our joy to serve with them this past week. We worked on bible stories and crafts with preschoolers. We also had the opportunity to help feed some of the local children at lunch time. We were truly blessed by these moments of tenderness. These children were amazing and beautiful. All smiles, giggles, and chitter chatter in Spanish. I was able to practice my 'spanglish'. I'm awful and I believe Paul enjoys watching me botch up my conversations. I believe I bartered up on a price, instead of down one time. I get 6 and 7 mixed up! The girls are only 6 and 7 and so they tired easily but all in all............great trip. Our hope is that they remember the children and that there are others all over the world that God loves too. We would like our kids to have a world-view and global compassion for others. We are still learning and God is still working in our hearts too as parents. Keep praying for us as we parent. And please keep the Radfords in your prayers. Lee, Angel, Anna Kate, and Parker live in Guatemala and serve each day with willing spirits.

No comments: