Thursday, January 21, 2010
1. Become a better keeper of the Word by memorizing some key verses and getting into my Greek and study materials from college etc.......
2. Fast more often with my husband. I think it's vital for couples to pray and FAST together. I'm embarrassed to admit that we haven't really developed that as a habit but we are this year. (I know that's a pretty personal one)
3. I will take better care of my skin. I live in nasty hot weather and there is no moisture in the air in Phoenix, AZ. I refuse to turn into a prune by the age of 40. I'm gonna wear sunscreen every day (rain or shine) and wear a hat at the pool this year.
4. Read, read, read, read!!! I have been terrible this year at reading. I'm gonna finish my book called "Don't Know Much About History" and would love to read up some more about American History.
5. Eat as much Whole Foods and possible. I'd love to have the family eating veggies and fruit everyday and meat 1 a week. We're gonna invest in Juice Plus this year and get healthy!
6. Take more initiative in doing "one-on-one" with the kids. They are still wanting that individual attention. I took Mia to McDonalds the other day (I know....super healthy) and she loved it!
7. Compete in 2-4 races this year. I'd love to do the half-irongirl in October but it's so very expensive!! I'm running a half-marathon at the end of January.
8. Stick to my grocery budget each month. This one will be tricky!! I only pay with cash, so that should help.
9. Give more to others!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
After some alone time together this summer and some time this fall, we've come up with our family purpose! We are aiming to thread this statement into all we do as Alexanders.
These are the Character Traits that we hope to see grow into our kiddies!We have put them in kid terms and hope to teach them to our kids. Now you can know exactly how to pray for us!!
1. Alexanders always tell the truth.
2. Alexanders show compassion on everyone.
3. Alexanders are reliable- we keep our word.
4. Alexanders use self-control- no matter what.
5. Alexanders strive to be humble- we don't brag or show off.
6. Alexanders make wise choices.
7. Alexanders are strong; we never give up.
8. Alexanders like to have fun!