Friday, March 11, 2011

Mommy's Prince but.......Daddy's Boy




Every night before Linc. goes to bed I ask him 'Are you Mommy's Prince?" and he says "Yes, I mommy's prince......" of course Daddy has to chipe in too and ask "are you Daddy's boy?" and of course Linc. replies "yes, I daddy's boy!". We love our boy and he gets so much love from all of us. He turned 3 this past week and we celebrated today! He woke up and asked if we could eat cake. I of course, diverted his attention to the wonderful bday pancakes and said we'd eat cake later. So, he helped me whip up pancakes and we stuck a candle in them and started singing to himself. This is one song my son has memorized....."Happy Birthday.." I love having friends/family over for special occasions but I must admit that it's so peaceful and meaningful when it's just the 5 of us too. Tonight was amazing! I made homemade pizza (@ Linc.'s request) and we ate cake, opened presents. Paul and I were racing to see who could get the toys out of the Alkatraz wrapping/tie downs the quickest. We each had a pair of scissors and went to work. It's crazy how much packaging and security goes into toys these days. Then we sat down and watched the Cars movie. I about fell asleep during the movie but it was oh so nice. Paul was most excited about opening the presents this year. He told Linc. that couldn't wait to for them to play with the new gadgets and that it was the most excited he'd ever been. Well this is because Paul received a present too. We got him a star wars life saver so that he could sword fight with Linc. Lincoln already has a sword but Daddy needed one too! Linc. also received a talking Iron Man, Storm Trooper, and Buzz Lightyear. I must admit, it was quite noisy during the movie since each child was pushing buttons on all the new toys. I was in zombie land and didn't even mind. We are blessed!

No comments: