Friday, March 11, 2011

Together......One Day at a Time.......


On such an interesting journey these days. Paul is jobless, we feel homeless, disconnected, and severed from what we once called "home". Finished reading Job last month and how appropriate. Of course, we are still 'oh so blessed' because having a job isn't everything at the moment but understandably vital. Right after Paul delivered the sad news to me, he turned and just stared and said "well, at least I've got you-honey and the kids. We do have eachother." Yep, I have to agree that we are so blessed to have our health and to have our relationships with one another and of course with Christ. This past week has served as a real tester for sure as the fog is clearing and the dust has certainly settled. Feelings of anxiety creep in, as well as self-doubt. You wonder "will we find a job?" "Does anyone out there want us?" "are we worthy?" Well the answers are simple. Christ declared us righteous and He has a plan for us. All too well known but oh so easy to forget, especially in tough moments. But God has shown up in such simple and tender moments during this duration. He has a way of making His presence known. I love His subtle hints of love and whispers of hope. As humans, we botch this up and say the wrong things in the wrong moments or don't say enough to those who are hurting. But He seems to know exactly what to say and what to do. I must praise Him for that. It stinks to be in this position right now but couldn't think of anyone I'd rather be traveling with, than Paul. The other night we fell asleep talking about this and that. Then a few minutes later, I could feel Paul's soft hand lean on my stomach. I reached across and touched his hand. Usually one of us would then begin snoring and out we'd be for the night. But instead we fell asleep holding hands. I know......so corny! But, it's those short and memorable moments that will stain my heart forever. I love that I'm able to journey through this with my best friend. We have no idea what the next step will be but we are confident that we won't be doing it alone.

1 comment:

RaggedyAndi said...

I hope things fall into place for you guys real soon! That has got to be so scary. :( It would be cool if you found a place on up this way!