Saturday, February 26, 2011

Real Hope


In my devotional today I read.........."Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope! As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble. Link you hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem -free life in heaven." Sarah Young....Jesus Calling. I like to cling to Romans 5:3...."We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope and hope does not put us to shame because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." No shame here! I'm reminded that I cannot cling to resolution or trying to understand why people act and hurt the way they do. I keep thinking of that old, silly song from my mom's time period "I never promised you a rose garden....". God never promised us a life of luxury and ease. Instead I expect opposition and resistance. Before this week came about, I had just come off of a fast and prayed for "God to wreck my life for Him." yikes! what on earth was I thinking? I'm just tired of not feeling challenged (totally my fault) and feeling like I don't sacrifice anything for my savior. I'm still not really giving up much for Him. This time period is difficult and so painful right now but I have to stay the course as I know that the more cracks that my life/vase has in it.........the more my light can shine out to others. Without those cracks, no light would escape from the vase. So, I guess I embrace the new cracks and changes. We shall ride the wave into the storm...........together. I'm so curious as to what He is going to do with us? What will I be writing about in 3 months? Where will we be? Who will we be serving? I'm a little excited. Life is a journey. :-)

No comments: