Thursday, November 4, 2010

Vacation was Amazing!


I know, like who on earth goes to hillybilly Arkansas for vacation?!! We do! We stay at the most unbelievable cabins in the country and surrounded by majestic mountains, a river, horses, and lots of land to romp around on! We went hiking, fishing, played kickball (my team smashed Joe's team), played poker, made ornaments, ate pumpkin cake, played soccer, rode horses, had a fire going in the cabin, and slept in! Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The kids could play outside and I never had to worry about a car hitting them, a stranger sneaking up on them, or what time to come in. We just relaxed and took it one day at a time. After the kids went to bed, the adults played cards, ate dessert again, watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, and chatted about life. That's what friends do. They vacation together, they laugh together, and occasionally cry. I think Aime and I were crying out of tears of joy and relief at one moment. This is how you live life. You journey with people and you don't hold back. Fear escapes and you become yourself and you're vulnerable. I can completely cut loose and be me. I don't have to worry about 'funny stares' or 'weird comments'. I can just be me and Paul and just be silly Paul. Much needed break!

No comments: