Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Run Baby Run!



Our school just hosted it's annual boosterthon and raised around 30ish thousand dollars. It was truly an exciting event and was put on with class! I went to see my babies run that day and had no idea how blessed I was would be. I actually teared up a bit as the girls ran through the tunnel and out onto the field to begin their race. I was so excited that I started yelling out at KK as she ran out cause I wanted her to see that I was there for her. Well, she stopped like a dear in the headlights, a boy toppled over her, and then she did her crazy 'fake' roll on the ground. She then stood up, looked at me, waved and took off running. I about died! Then Mia's class came running by and I did the same thing, with great hesitation. She came over and hugged me and the scurried over to the field. You see it's very hard for Mia to exert a lot of exercise. It's not that she's lazy, she has an amazing work ethic. But, her body is weak and tires so easily with all these overload of allergies. By the 10th lap, she was looking pretty droopy. But I am so proud of her keeping on. She ran her laps and did an amazing job. Kennedy was like a rocket flying around the field. She even came over and shared her water with Linc. Then she took off again. She's got more energy than a rabbit on the 1st day of Spring. She was hopping and clapping and jumping all over the place. I love seeing her in these happy spirits. Just a few months ago, she would have been pouting and dragging around the field. But since we've figured out her allergies, she's a different child! What a fun day. So glad that I wasn't 'too busy' to go.

No comments: