Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgivng With Friends


Isn't is amazing that you can go almost 4 years without seeing someone and just get together and pick up right where you left off? I love that. We were in a small group with the Jarrells when we lived in Ohio. We have kept in contact on fb occasionally......... and now here we are in the same home playing Catan/cards, cooking together, and decorating our family Christmas Tree. Debbie actually made the wreath that is hanging on my door right now. It's crazy how you can spend a small amount of time (less than 2 years) getting to know a family and yet feel like the best part of the relationship takes place after you move apart. I think back to our relationships and it seems like they become solid after we move apart. Staying in touch doesn't mean a phone call each day but picking up occasionally where you left off and it feeling like you never missed a beat. This past Thanksgiving may have been one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to growing my relationships in AZ, now that we have moved away. I feel like there are many great things to come.

No comments: