Monday, September 20, 2010

Live Now

I came across a blog article that triggered my thinking tonight. Perry Noble published and article titled "Dangerous". He spoke of the danger and risks that the disciples took by following Jesus. It made me think of our lives now. For many reasons, I've had a difficult time sleeping in the evening. Paul and I went to a benefit last Friday night, in honor of The Atlanta Dream Center and the organization called Not For Sale. Both organizations help prostitutes come off of the streets. This is something I am incredibly interested in and can't wait to help with. The Atlanta Dream Center has something called Princess Night each Friday. I'll have the opportunity to go in a few weeks and help hand out roses and cards to the girls on the streets. There will be a member from the center in the van with us and she knows most of the girls. She will be guiding us through this night. The best part is that we will spend time in constant prayer while driving around. We don't all get out at one time. There will be another van following us, the guys, and they will remain in their vans and will be praying for us. When I mentioned it to my mom, she said "isn't that a little dangerous, Lisa?". A most thoughtful question for any concerned mom to ask. I answered "I"ll be fine, Mom." But seriously, my mind does seem to drift at times and crazy thoughts pop into it about safety. I've had numerous dreams of someone kidnapping me and Lincoln. I fell asleep last night praying that God would bring peace to me and chase out my silly anxieties. I can't wait to go. I love this article by Perry Noble. We (Disciples of Christ) do need to start stepping out more!

No comments: