Wednesday, September 1, 2010

He's Not a Baby Anymore..........


Since when did he get so big? He decided to potty train last week. He looked up at me while I was doing a P90X video and said "poppy!" He then pointed to the bathroom and off he went. I followed him in there, just for fun. I thought it was another false alarm. Wouldn't you know, a small stream of pea tinkled out and the bathroom turned into a room full of celebration and clapping. We called daddy and told him the great news. Well, for about 6 days he walked around in his sisters' underpants cause I didn't have any boy's underpants and didn't know how serious he was about this potty business. He was serious. He actually pooped for daddy on the potty. At which, I received a phone call, while I was grocery shopping. Again, much clapping and celebration. Oh, let's not forget how excited Lincoln is about getting treats for going potty. Of course, it's just a piece of Applejacks cereal. So, we went to Target on Monday and the boy has his own underpants now! He calls them "his guys" because they have Spiderman and other super heroes on them. I love it. He's growing so fast. I heard him crying this morning and I went in and crawled in bed with my little prince. He laid there and spoke so quietly to me with his soft little voice. We were head to head on a pillow. He told me that he wanted to ride bikes with daddy and that Mia and KK were on the bus. I said yes. He then played with my hair and proceeded to get out of bed and find every stuffed animal and lay them on top of me. I was under a mountain of blankets and stuffed animals. My heart melted. One day he'll be in high school and all grown up :-( I'm just cherishing now.

No comments: