Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Go Fly a Kite!


Hard to believe.....but I've never flown a kite. The girls have been begging for one for over a year. So.....I scored big and bought them each a 99$ kite at Walmart about 2 months ago. You must have wind and we finally had wind on Sunday, about a week ago. I rushed home from church and put together the kite and headed out to the backyard. I ran as fast as I could down our sloped yard and all it did was pipe up about 5 feet and simmer down to the ground. So, I did it again. I looked like the Piper with kids falling me and a long kite tail......yet no results. I called Paul and told him to hurry home. I needed help....and soon! Well, it turns out that I had it hooked up backwards and was informed by the "kite flying expert" that the backyard was a poor choice.......LOL. Needless to say, daddy came to the rescue, much to my relief!

No comments: