Monday, April 19, 2010

Yes!! I think I'm starting to get it...................






See that look of "Awww..." on his face? I feel that exact same when I am able to dig into the word and just totally expose my soul (as if He can't see it) to God and ask for His word to grab and shake my heart. Well, fasting will do that to you. I am so disappointed that I did not make fasting a regular part of my life before this year. What was I thinking??! I know what I was thinking..........Me, food, me, food! I need food! Yep, that sums it up........complete selfishness. But,now I feel like I can't get enough of His word and His truth. One could read the bible for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year for his/her entire life and still feel like there was not enough time to soak up all the truths. It's like an amazing Easter Egg hunt. Every passage or "egg" has something amazing and new in it. So, have you felt like reading Jude lately? I mean, who reads Jude anyhow? I do. I read an interesting verse today. I quote "........just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing punishment of eternal fire. Ye in the like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and the blaspheme the glorious ones. But............when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"
Yep, I know, it feels dark and poignant. But see what happened. The archangel and Satan argued over the body of Moses. I'm sure Satan spit up all sorts of dirt on Moses. Like the time Moses struck the rock out of anger or the time Moses doubted God. But yet Moses was faithful and Satan was rebuked. How would you feel to have the Prince of the Earth and a powerful angel arguing over your body? Who would win?? Well, I don't deserve to have Michael defend me but the blood surely has covered my sins and my utmost guilt. I do feel a deep responsibility to God and what has been done for my soul upon the cross. I feel like Lincoln looks in this picture..........."yes, I got it!". I feel like God has been trying to speak through my thick skin for so many years and I'm finally letting Him in.

No comments: