Monday, April 12, 2010

A Cure for Kate






I love to lay in the grass on sunny/windy days and just read or pray. Today was one of those beautiful days and I could not resist. I pulled out a sheet, a book and a pillow. However, I could get very far in my reading before being redirected towards a dear friend's daughter, Kate. Lately she has been on my mind and heart. So, I put down the book and began to pray. As usual, I end up sobbing and just holding my side as I beg to God. I just sobbed and sobbed and asked God what more I could pray for. I then started to pray for Holly and for Him to just speak into her life and continue to offer peace and understanding. I wonder how much understanding there is for a mom who is fighting desperately along side of her daughter's life. But.....I know there can be peace. I don't know what 'peace' looks like in that situation but prayed God would give it to Holly. My heart only aches cause I too am a mom of three and cannot fathom the situation. I hold fast to Romans 5 and just ponder Paul's words in those first 8 verses. I had to call up a dear friend, one who lost her son in a similar battle. I just asked " How do I pray for my friend? What did you need when you were fighting?" She encouraged my heart and she too prays for a cure for Kate, as I do. It was good to hear her talk and hear the miracle that God has done in their lives. I not only pray for a cure for Kate but for complete healing in all ways for the McRae family. I pray for a "perfect" day. What is that?? A perfect day for them is my day..............3 healthy children who are yelling, running, chasing and then turn tired, grouchy, and ready for bed. I pray they can have Kate home again and healthy. I pray like as if it were Kennedy, Mia, or Lincoln. That's what I'd want...........a perfectly normal day.

No comments: