Monday, April 12, 2010

Lemons, Lilly, Lipstick, & Worms






So, what is new in the Alexander house these days? Well, we have taken up lemonade making as if it were our trade. We have made over 10 gallons of lemonade. Our friends have a lemon tree and brought me over 100 lemons. So, we can't let ANY go to waste and we make lemonade all of the time. It's great until you squeeze the juice right up into your eye. Oh, and I love my helpers. Of course, Linc. keeps licking the lemons and saying "Ewww". Mia tries to squeeze them but not much comes out with her gentle little squeeze. But I like her help. Lilly is the name of our new family member, Kennedy's tadpole. Yep, we bought her a tadpole and habitat for her birthday. The first tadpole that arrived in the mail was a blog in a test tube. I did not tell her that the little guy didn't make it. :-( So, we ordered another and when I opened the envelope, there was a test tube with a cute little wiggly tadpole. So we can't wait to see it evolve into a frog! Lipstick.........something new for me. I now wear it! How about that! Moving on.........worms. Well, I've never known a 6 year old to keep staring at a worm and saying "awww, how cute". This would be my daughter, Kennedy. She caught a worm on Saturday and carried him around on a stick and kept goo-gooing over him as if he were a little infant. We put him a bowl with some rocks, leaves, and flowers. She was infatuated with how much poop he had and loved showing me which end was the head and the other end was the bottom. I just kind of looked at her and said, "oh, okay, so that's the head and that is the......other side." She then replied "Mom, it's okay to say bottom!! You can say it!" She is a scientist already!!

No comments: