Thursday, February 4, 2010

You are Greatly Loved





Did you know that a Messenger spoke to Daniel and told him how much he was loved, more than once in the book of Daniel? Can you imagine talking to an angel and being referred to the "one who is loved"?? I'd pass out. Of course I know that God loves me but to hear an angel remind me that I am very much loved would just send me orbiting. Of course Daniel was special and I love studying him. He was always praying, confessing and fasting. In fact, when he was approached by the angel, he was doing exactly that. How much time and I spending in prayer and fasting?? I would like to journey to where Daniel was in his life. I'd like to match my spirit up with his and become a "Hedonist" in that way that John Piper describes that word. I want my every thought and moment to be about Him. It takes time, but I think it's possible. This is why I am studying the guys in the bible who understood 100% passion and commitment. I'm still young and have much to learn. I hope I have time to accomplish this idea. Having kids will force you in this direction. You want so badly for them to love God in a passionate way but it should be modeled (not taught).

No comments: