Monday, February 8, 2010

Live It Up





The longer I live and the more I experience challenges in life, the more I realize that life is short and we should "live it up". I'm not talking about indulging in reckless sin but indulging in life.......the way God meant for us to live. It's interesting to see what the men did in the NT with the 'talents' that were given to them. The ones who invested were praised and the one who did nothing with his 'talent' well..............not so good!! The more I see life falling short and see tragedy, the more I want to experience. I'm not promised tomorrow and neither is anyone in my family. Why hold back? Why not take that trip that you've always wanted to take? Why not let the kids jump on the bed.......just this one time? Why not play in the rain.....and ruin your favorite shirt? Oh, so what! Why not let the kids skip school this one time and have a pj day?! Will 1 day of absence mean the end of the world? Why not buy those plane tickets and go see that 'loved one'? Obviously, you must be somewhat wise and not crazy foolish. But I think we hold back and "play by the rules" and "tuck away that golden egg into savings" and blah blah blah. I've decided to use our fine china as much as possible. What am I saving it for anyhow?!! And yes, we have food fights (when daddy is not home). And yes, Paul and go somewhere every 5 years and selfishly spoil ourselves. It's not because we deserve it but because we need it! Life is short. We need to love our God with all we have, love our family we everything we've got and live it up! He didn't create this earth for us to watch it pass by. Enjoy the fruit and beauty. Praise Him for it. Enjoy the friendships and family. Of course, give Him credit for every bit of it.

No comments: