Tuesday, January 5, 2010

King Nebuchadnezzar






I don't normally 'journal' my personal thoughts on here. But recently, I've felt moved to do so. So...here I go. Not that anyone really reads this crud anyhow! I've been reading through Daniel and am completely enamored at how God moves through us and uses such weak vessels, like ourselves to bring honor/glory to His name. I am especially touched today after reading about Nebuchadnezzar. What a mouthful of a name. Well, I often think of all these 'bad' guys in scripture and think about all the bad choices they made. You know there are many others like: Cain, Herod, Haman etc...........we're so quick to sling them into the "loser" category. But I was amazed at how compassionately God dealt with King Neb. Well, I suppose it was quite brutal, in that the king was reduced to a beast and grew feathers like an eagle and bird claws. And for 7 years he moved like a beast in the field. However.........God sent down dew from heaven and then allowed the king to have one more shot. When the 7 year were up, the king found God again. I mean look and see what God returned to King Nebuchadnezzar. He returned: his understanding/reason, his majesty/splendor, the glory of his kingdom returned and his friends (lords/counselors) returned to him. Isn't God good??!! My heart can be just as twisted at times as King Neb.'s. Wanna know what his crazy-huge crime was that he committed??? Pride!! yep "his spirit was hardened so that he dealt proudly". That would describe every living human being. And yet.........the King changed. I believe there is hope for me this year. I can change. And yet, I hope I don't need 7 years of isolation in the fields to prove it. I just need some time alone with God. Well..........I need more than that! You get the point!

No comments: