Monday, March 11, 2013

Nine Already!

Kennedy's 9th birthday was a stark reality.......she's GROWING UP!
Just looking at this picture causes me to gasp and sit stuck in a moment of time. Where did 9 years of her life go? If I'm being completely honest it makes me want to scream at 'time' and bribe it to stop immediately and wait on me. Of course, I'd never be ready for time to move forward. Right now she is perfect! She is under my roof, safe, not driving, not dating, not heart broken, and just young and innocent. Remember when you were 9? I do! I used to climb my favorite tree with my walk-man (if you don't know what that is.....you're still young and innocent too!) and I'd sit up at the top listening to my Wham - Michale George tape cassette over and over. I loved Garfield, rainbows, barbies, and Punky Brewster. Life was good! As you can see, she likes Harry Potter. She received an ishuffle for her music and doll house furniture.

I love her independent and confident spirit. She really takes life by the horns and sometimes tries to take her parents by the horns! She will mostly likely do great things with her strong and gifted spirit. We pray continuously for our daughter, who's name means Chief Helmet! I know she will lead people to great things one day...maybe she will lead a movement!

No comments: