Monday, February 21, 2011

Unexpected Loss


I have had the honor and privilege to walk through times with other friends. I've been able to observe and listen. At times, I was even able to add input (which now I wonder what on earth I was talking about?) Here I walk through challenging times. I wouldn't go as far as to call these times 'tragic', but certainly challenging. These tough moments are causing Paul and I to lean into Christ even more and into one another. It's actually been a bit of a blessing. Of course it stinks that we don't have a job. But we do have one another. We can conquer anything together! As I tracked off this morning to do my daily run, I began thinking "what are the questions I should be asking as I walk/run this road?" I believe it's important to ask: "What do You want to teach me, God?" "What can I take from this experience that will alter my future in a positive way?" and "How can my actions in this situation bring more glory to Your Name?" Now, I have to admit, these are not the questions I asked myself the night Paul told me the news. I was angry, hurt, frustrated and ready go into hot debate......... I've found that it's just fine to feel those things............but I have to allow my Father to guide those emotions and bring them back to Him. I must cling to IICor. 12:9 "My Grace is sufficient for you and my power is made perfect in weakness" Paul goes on to say "Therefore I will boast of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak , then I am strong." So here you have it..........pull up your "big girl boots" and deal with the insults and hardships. In perspective.....we don't deserve anything....except hell. I would be so foolish to say "but, we don't deserve this awful moment, God!!" I imagine, He might say "you are right, you deserve worse..." Staying away from feelings of entitlement, pride, and a deep pity party, are wise actions for us. It's time to press on and look for the road out and onto more. I'm 35 years old and have a lot to learn and lot of life to live. There is a lot left on my dash. I don't want to be so foolish as to think that God has already done His best in us and we are finished. As devastating as this whole thing has been, I must believe Jer.29:11, He has a future for us and plans to prosper us! His plans always include Him, which means LOTS of humble pie for me. I have to admit, as much as I love pie and desserts, humble pie tastes awful going down and I feel so full right now. Don't think I can eat anther piece.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep letting your light shine girl! What an encouragement you are even though you are walking through some stinky stuff!!

www.designfabulous.com said...

It still amazes me that God prepares us for the onslaught of taking His message to the world. It is almost like He knows what is going to happen....hmmm yep I do believe He does and I am so thankful for His word that He has given us for such a time as this.