Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mothers, Beware...........of Yourselves!


Okay, so I totally did it. I made my daughter cry and then realized I was wrong and then I started crying. You see, I'm not so musically talented. I know, most of you are so surprised by that statement. I mean, I'm the one who does the piano homework lessons with the girls and I'm totally clueless. Kennedy had to read some music, without the letters, for the first time. Well, I kept looking where the stick was on the music lines. I guess you have to look where the dot(note) is at. So, where the stick ended, either in the space (notes f,a,c and e) or on the lines (notes e,g,b,d,f)was what I was looking at and getting pretty ticked at KK for not knowing her notes. Well, I finally figured out that I was looking at it all backwards. I just started crying, hugged her, and begged her for forgiveness. I was thrilled that she smiled and did forgive me. At dinner, she told daddy about my mistakes. Daddy said "why were you crying when mommy hugged you?" Kennedy said "daddy, they were happy tears." awwweee, shall I say more? So, Moms, beware of you! If you get in the way........just apologize. I have a feeling that won't be the last time I get in the way. I'm grateful for Grace!

No comments: