Monday, July 12, 2010

Surprises This Week


Let's start by quoting my oldest daughter. Kennedy and Mia were sitting at the table eating lunch and Mia was chewing with her mouth open. (something younger siblings do to annoy the older ones)Paul and I both endured this torture when we were growing up. Anyhow Kennedy looked over at Mia and said, with tears in her eyes and with a very winey voice, "Mia, stop chewing with your mouth open, it hurts my feelings and makes my eyes embarrassed and it's not mannorly." I don't think mannorly is a word and how are her eyes embarrassed? I couldn't help but chuckle. Today I was practicing stealing kisses from Lincoln. He so rarely gives them but wanted to give me fishy kisses today. As he was diving in to give me a fishy kiss today, Clifford jumped in and licked me on the lips! Ewww, then Lincoln bulldozed Clifford in the side, as if to say "Hey, that's my mommy and that kiss was meant for me!". Well, one more surprise. We received a beautiful plant today from one of the small groups at North Metro. Today is our 14th wedding anniversary and I just love the large house plant and the thoughtfulness. How can I ever find anything to complain about? I'm even enjoying the humidity, grey skies and rain today. :-)

No comments: