Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Cherish Now



"Hey now, this is my desire, sue(consume) me like a fire, cause I just want something beautiful to touch me I know that I am in reach cause i am down on my knees waiting for something beautiful" These are lyrics from Needtobreathe, Something Beautiful. As you can see, I'm great at botching up lyrics. I thought he was saying "sue me like a fire". My husband is quite amused as we sing together in the car and I sing a totally different tune. For example, I love the song, Benny and the Jets. Just heard it in the movie, 27 Dresses, last night. I always thought he was singing "electric boobs", which makes no sense!!(please excuse, not trying to vulgar) Well then I had a 'duh' moment and thought "how dumb am I?". He is really singing "electric booTs!" oh yeah!! Well, one day while singing in the car with my love bunny, he informed me that it was "electric moves!!". Oh gosh! I also found the correct title for the song "Beast of Burden" by The Rolling Stones. It's the song that Jack Nichol's wife, in the movie Family Man, is singing in the shower. Anyhow, I thought it was "I'll never be a big suburban". Then I thought it was "I'll never be your piece of burden". Well when you don't know the right words, it makes it awfully hard to find and buy on itunes. urrrr

Well, anyhow, I love Needtobreathh and their song Something Beautifull. I feel like God is trying so hard to make something beautiful out of our family. I am finding myself looking at things through a different lense (I never was one to look at things through rose colored glasses!!) However, I find myself feeling a little more grateful and finding less and less to complain about. Really people, what have I ever had to complain about? God has bestowed amazing blessings upon our family. And you know what.........no matter what happens tomorrow, I must praise Him and find nothing to complain about. This past year, God has allowed me to personally look into some lives of others and well................I am grateful. I sit here in the mornings, drinking my coffee, reading the Word, listening to the kids play, and looking into the 'forest' in our backyard. I think "why are we so lucky?". I am just going to enjoy today for what it has to offer. Tomorrow is not promised. I cherish now.

No comments: