Tuesday, July 20, 2010

She Obeyed the First Time!


I just made a new friend the other day. While visiting her, I noticed a jar of rocks that had writing on them. I inquired and she mentioned that whenever there was a "win" or something to celebrate, they wrote it down on a rock. I loved it!! I've been wondering what we were going to do with the 100 shells that we brought back from Mexico. I hate to be such a copy-cat; but it really is a simple and yet novel idea. So......we've been trying to get our kids to obey the FIRST time. Well, KK had her moment today and I thought I'd write it on a shell and put it on the table for her to see tomorrow morning at breakfast. Let's see what she says. I couldn't sleep tonight and I sat and stared at the shells and decided to make them into something cool. I really am proud of Kennedy. She obeyed right away today. Mia did not suck her thumb tonight. Lincoln actually went to bed without getting up 16 times to yell "Good Night!!" or "I'm tursty (thirsty)". He stayed in his big-boy bed and went to sleep. We are going to start the day of celebrating tomorrow morning. Thanks Denise for the great idea. Already, God has added wisdom to my life through a new friend.

No comments: