Sunday, February 19, 2012

8 Years Ago. . .




Pure joy, jumping up and down, throwing the pea stick at Paul, shrieks of exuberation, endless smiling..........shall I say more?! A woman reading her positive pregnancy test! It was the 4th of July and early in the morning. But before we left, I took, yet, another pregnancy test. This time it was positive and I was beyond...........Jump ahead 9 months and I was ready to pop and just finished celebrating a surprise baby shower at work. Thank you Kineka Hardin! That evening my clock was ticking down to countdown, 3 weeks early, and I had no idea what lye ahead. Paul had a speaking engagement with a room full of teenagers at church and I drove by to say hello. I was not feeling well and was 'strongly encouraged' to go home and rest. To make sure the 'resting' took place, my dear friend, Jaine Banks, sent her daughter home with me. And thank goodness she did! Just as we had unloaded my truck, I grabbed a piece of leftover cake from my baby shower and started across the floor when........yep, you guessed it....my water broke. Called Paul, took a shower, got dressed, packed a bag and headed to the hospital. Shanna and I got to talking and missed the exit for the hospital and soon received a call from my husband. How could he beat us to the hospital?! No surprise if you really know us!

No need to share details of labor/delivery. It was painful until i received the needle. I was sure I could endure without drugs but after 6 hours of sharp pains, I hoisted up the white flag. Kennedy was born 8ish in the morning and she was perfect! She is perfect!! Beautiful shaped head, quiet nature, adorable nose, kissable lips. Kennedy Berlynn Alexander: chief helmet, bright and illustrious! Eight years later and she lives up to her name. So much fun having 3 chief helmets/first borns in the Alexander home! LOL! She is a true blessing and is teaching me so much! Not sure if the world will ever be ready for such a lady as KK. Yep, we call her KK. Some things you should know about KK:

- she loves to eat, as much as I do
- she loves to read, almost as much as her parents (read 1 million words half way through 2nd grade)
- enjoys hunting for bugs(even has a bug collection)
- favorite food is spaghetti, steak, and anything chocolate (spoken like a true
woman)
- would agree that 'she knows everything about everything'......so much to learn :-)
- loves to snuggle in the early mornings






and her famous quotes....

"Mommy is my superhero"

"Mommy, you need pants on your legs cause the freckles on your legs itch me"

"When my ears are dirty, I talk loud"

"When I was a baby, I wanted to come out and see your eyes, mom."

"Mom, you smell like a nice, cozy worm."

"I need my hat on so I don't burn my hair off in the sun."

"You're making my eyes embarrassed, Mia! Stop chewing with your mouth open!"

"I'm always hungry for chocolate, unless I"m filled up with steak."

"Daddy, you are great! You catch great bugs for me."

No comments: