Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hardest Part About Leaving


This past weekend reminded us of how much we really love the grandparents. As they pulled out of the driveway Lincoln yelled out at the car and blew kisses. He kept repeating himself and chanting "nanna come back, nanna come back". He couldn't understand why they were leaving and why they were not coming back right away. We told him they'd be back later (end of May) but he thought that meant immediately. The kids love their grandparents and are always sad to see them leave. I was sad too, knowing that we would soon be in Arizona and the visits would be less frequent. I'm so grateful that both Paul and I have parents that love our kids. Watching your own parents grandparent your kids is so amazing cause you realize how truly incredible and influential grandparents are! I know how much my grandma meant to me when I was a child and how I still admire her. I'm hoping my kids feel the same way about their grandparents!

No comments: