Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Wishes


Well, as usual, Paul talks to the girls before Mom's Day and tries to scheme up something fun. Well, this year he asked them "What should be give Mommy for Mother's Day?" Well, to my surprise, they responded with "Let's give her you, Daddy!. We can put a bow around your ankles and you can be the gift!". When Paul told me this, I had to laugh. I must admit, at first, I was thinking......."umm, how about perfume or a pedicure?!". But, then I got to thinking.........what if Paul was gone? What if he was sitting in ICU with serious trauma? What if he had cancer.......what if, what if, what if??? Well, of course that would be and IS what I want for Mother's Day. I guess we take for granted the absolute obvious. I already have a Mother's Day that many women would give their right arm for! I have three healthy children, a faithful, loving, and Godly husband. And.........I'm just plain spoiled rotten! I have it all and it could all be gone in the next moment. So, I guess I'll enjoy those simple things. And........I love this picture that Kennedy drew of the family!! Oh, and she drew me in my 'wedding dress'. don't know why?!

No comments: