Monday, November 24, 2008

Already...........2 Lost Teeth!






Yep.........we decided to play the whole "tooth fairy" game with the girls. Now, if you really know me, you know that we do NOT do Santa- the fat man in a red suit who steals credit from Jesus; and we do not do the Easter Bunny ( a talking bunny who eats chocolate and steals the spotlight of the Cross). However, I decided to do the tooth fairy, which is so crazy! But........seeing the excitement on Kennedy's face when I told her that a fairy would take her tooth and bring her money was priceless. She laid down immediately and said "I have to go to sleep mom; I want the tooth fairy to come!". Sure enough, she was asleep in minutes. I just reached in and grabbed the cute little jewelery box and removed the tooth. I then placed about 4 quarters (enough for a toy at the Dollar Store) and wrapped a pink ribbon on the box. She was awake by 6:30 to scout out her money. She was in her room counting it. Okay, I hate to admit it but I actually left about 11 coins in the box, some quarters and some dimes/nickles. I didn't know she was gonna lose another tooth the next day. Sure enough I had a reputation to live up to. But since we are broke, all I could scavenge up was about 4 quarters. So this time she counted them and was quite disappointed. She said.."aww.......last time I got 11 and now I only get 4?". I said, "yep! you win some and you lose some. How about we head to the Dollar Store?" Aversion works wonders!

No comments: