Sunday, August 14, 2011

And He's Off.................

Linc. finally emerged into "preschool" and he is off and running, literally. On the 1st day, I was the first parent to leave the room after drop off. The others were mooing around and clinging and hugging and watching with gulped eyes. Not me. Linc. gave me a quick and sloppy kiss on the lips and said "you can leave Mom, you no stay!". Okay, so I took off to go enjoy a run in my neighborhood. Now, I must admit, my heart was breaking as I said good-bye and watched my youngest chick leave the nest. But he is ready and I think I should be too, right?! And you will be too one day, when your youngest flies away. I think these little 'rites of passages' prepares us for the future. One day, all of my kids are going to move out and permenantly leave. I"m obviously not ready for that huge step now; but I'm practicing with preschool and elementary school and someday camp and so forth. baby steps, baby steps..........

No comments: