Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Real Parent


I was thinking to myself today........"What parent would actually choose the harder road for their child? Only the Parent who could see the future would choose such difficulties, monstrosities, and challenges. That Parent would not be me......it would be God. He can see the future of my 3 kids and so it's okay to see and know the things that are happening right now. As I write this, I wonder if I'm making the best choices for my kids. This is where being a parent means digging in your heals and letting the bigger Parent take the wheel, cause with my skills we'd drive off the cliff or something. I read in Sarah Young's book today,

"I (God) am able to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine. Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask My Spirit to control you mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me. Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark. The more extreme the circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in the situation."

That was just what I needed. As I mentioned earlier in one of my blogs, the girls have some pretty severe allergies and it has become quite apparent that their immunological systems are rejecting the healthy things and beginning to power down (esp. Mia's). The traditional medicine just doesn't work these days for the more complex issues. I have felt that some medical professionals only want to treat symptoms and not examine the real root. I'm hoping and praying that I have found a medical professional that has examined the root of these issues and will be able to help the girls. I found a chiropractic neurologist, thanks to a good friend. He works with all 3 systems: neurological, immunological, and hormonal system. All three effect one another. I'm hoping healing is on the way. It's expensive and a huge leap of faith or possibly stupidity! It's amazing what moms will do for their babies and we know, better than anyone else, when they are not feeling well and that something just isn't right. "Lord, grant me the strength that Isaiah mentions so that I may mount up with wings like eagles and run and not be weary!"

No comments: