Thursday, June 3, 2010

I LIke Me


"For you formed my inward parts, you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in you book were written, every one of them. Ps. 139:13-15. Ahhhh....how refreshing to read that. I haven't read that passage since I was in college. It was the famous "anti-abortion" passage at my Liberty University days. But now I read it and really apply it to me. You know I really do like me! That may sound arrogant and boastful but why shouldn't a person like him/herself?? I have constantly felt guilty (in the past) about liking things about myself and instead pointing out the faults in my body/personality when really.........who cares?!! God's word says that "his works (that's me) are wonderful". I am wonderful. However, I am not a perfect person but a person with much potential. I know that I have a very outspoken personality and strong spirit. I have been called "weird" by close friends/family and have received the harsh stares that women are so comfortable at giving- otherwise called glares. But I'm really okay with that. The older I get, the more comfortable I become in this old, stretched out skin. I'm hoping that the older I become, the more Christ-like I become. That is the goal. I was just thinking about these things as I got ready this morning. I was just looking in the mirror and thought "I really do like me". Everyone else may not feel the same way but.......that's okay!! I hope you like yourself too. God thinks you are wonderful.

1 comment:

mommytomason said...

Great post! I am a fellow mommy blogger and attend North Metro. I don't know how many folks you know down here but my hubby and little man would love to hang out with you guys sometime! Welcome to GA and NMC!